Based in the heart of the Cote d’Azur, KM Yacht Design has extensive experience in the design, engineering, supervision, project management and support of new build yachts and refits.
After graduating from master’s degree in Naval Architecture from Technical University, Kasia Milewska started working with various yachts and ship design offices gaining experience in naval architecture and structural design.
KM Yacht Design was founded in the year 2000 and since then cooperated with various designers and shipyards around the world.
From design to launch, all aspects involved in the building process are overseen and coordinated by KM Yacht Design team. Effective communication and problem solving is as important to us as finding the correct technical solutions to give the Clients the best experience of building or improving their yacht.
We work closely with all the parties involved in the design process – Owner, Captain, engineer, yacht manager and the shipyard.
Naval architecture and structural design are carried out according to the latest standards of and in close relationship with classification society and flag state.
– Conceptual design
– Profile study
– Exterior styling and detailing
– Interior layouts and space arrangement
– 3D exterior modeling and visuals
– Main parameters determination
– 3D hull and superstructure modelling
– Lines plans of hull and superstructure
– General arrangement
– Tonnage and Load line calculations
– Speed, power and range prediction
– Hydrostatics, stability and damage calculations
– Inclining tests and Lightship survey
– Stability Booklet
– Safety plans
– Navigation light plans
– Structural design and construction drawings
– Equipment layouts and arrangements
– Technical specifications
SUPERVISION & SUPPORT
– Identifying prospective shipyards and invite for quotations
– Project management and Owner’s representation
– Assistance during contract preparation and negotiations
– Specification reviews
– Construction and Interior supervision
– Planning and progress reviews
– Reporting to the Owner
– Communication with authorities and shipyard
– Drawings and documents review